Top 5 car safety features you should have in your car
The safety features in your car can make a world of difference to your everyday drive. If you drive your car to work every day and want to make sure that you are protected in case of an accident or crash, the safety features are something that you need to be aware of. So what are the top safety features to have in your car? In this regard it must be said that not all safety features are built equal and you may not require all of those which are available. Here are some really great safety features that will go a long way at making your drive easier and safer.
- Airbags This is one of the most useful safety feature to have in your car. The good news is that this feature is now available in affordable cars in India as well. In case of a crash, the airbags are going to inflate automatically which will prevent the occupants of the car from getting hit by the dashboard. Side airbags will do the same thing in case the crash has a side impact.
- Defogger. If fog is a serious problem during the winter months, then do think about getting a defogger installed which will keep your rear window free of fog as well. The rear window is as prone to mist and fog as the front window. With this safety feature, you will be able to maintain your visibility well and hence ensure safety on the roads.
- Reverse Sensing System. You may be subject to a few sneers if you are looking for a Reverse Sensing System in your car. People might say that if you can’t reverse your vehicle, then it may be a good idea not to drive at all. But if you live in the city where finding parking space is a challenge you have to face every day, this is a safety feature you will thank your lucky stars later. the feature comes with a proximity sensor which lets you know automatically if you are too close to an object when you are reversing. As closer you come to the object in question, the louder the beeper gets. It’s a great safety feature to have, especially at night.
- Anti-lock Braking System. It’s been a few years since ABS has been introduced in the hatchback segment in India and it is a great feature to have if you value safety. This feature will ensure that the wheels don’t get locked in case you employ emergency braking. Basically as a driver you will be able to use hard braking to steer your car away from danger. Of course, that does not mean that you will not have to drive carefully just because your car has ABS.
- Fog lamps. Driving safely is a lot about having adequate lights. So fog lamps are a safety feature you will do well by insisting on. It will definitely be a help during rain or fog. There are a variety of fog lamps available including yellow ones which are considered the best because they scatter less.